Civil Rights Movement
- An effort peaking in the 60’s where African Americans attempted to end racial discrimination through mostly nonviolent protests.
- Women were denied abortions
- In many states they could not buy contraception devices, or obtain national credit cards, or hope to rise to the top of most professions.
- Black faces on TV shows that weren't sports contests and
- Provided the blueprint for the liberation of every other oppressed group in the United States.
- Birth control pill
- Gay Rights